Monday, July 19, 2010

Seven Reprimands


Read something beautiful this morning from Kahlil Gibran’s writings.


0o0

I reprimanded my soul seven times!



The first time: when I attempted to exalt myself by exploiting the weak.

The second time: when I feigned a limp before those who were crippled.

The third time: when, given a choice, I elected the easy rather than the difficult.

The fourth time: when I made a mistake I consoled myself with the mistakes of others.

The fifth time: when I was docile because of fear and then claimed to be strong in patience.

The sixth time: when I held my garments upraised to avoid the mud of Life.

The seventh time: when I stood in hymnal to God and considered the singing a virtue.

0o0

No comments:

Post a Comment

Living Gita 43: In Praise of Karma Yoga

  A series of articles on the Bhagavad Gita for people living and working in our volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous times filled wit...